New Version Coming Along ( screen
captures available )
Netropolis indexes the files shared on a LAN and allows access to them through a web-based front end. Only one computer running Netropolis can give everyone on that LAN access to very fast network-wide searching. Made using mod_perl, DBI and Samba.
This client is for those using operating systems/browsers which do not natively
support SMB address handling.
- Easy to configure and customize
- Fast searches even on a large network
- Limit searches by file type
- Match all and match any searches
- Order search results by name, popularity, and size
- Uptime statistics for each computer
- Perl (built using 5.6 - hasn't been tested with < 5.6, but should work)
- A database server supported by DBD ( tested with Postgres only, note: Mysql
does not work with Netropolis in the current release )
- A mod_perl capable webserver ( tested with Apache )
Go to Netropolis's SourceForge project page
See the README file.